View previous topic :: View next topic  

re: Xerò - Paladin

Please be aware that I never expect to be accepted into any raid team in my characters current state. I am constantly switching and upgrading my gear since returning and I'll start to gem/enchant once I have my SoO raid finder gear. I am applying to be part of a guild that is active, and keen to be on bleeding edge progression. I'd mainly like to fully prepare for WoD. So I'm saving gold and levelling alts / professions on alts then focusing on gearing up. I'm still making sure to finish all raid finders with my Paladin every week. 

What I'm really trying to get across is that I am very, very active. I have a lot of time to play WoW. My girlfriend is living in Australia and she is applying for a Visa to come live here and I have a steady job 9-5pm. So I am always free at raid times and have a lot of spare time for WoW. 

I read up on my class, tactics, and I make sure I have all the obligated raid ready abilities, Flasks/Pots/Food/Professions etc. 

I am really humble about this application. I know I am nowhere near the level you guys would require for SoO, this is more in mind of having a long term member of the guild that will be ready to kick ass in WoD. 

Speaking of WoD, I have 2 weeks holiday from work ready to book off as soon as release date is announced. 

I also have a good mic/hardware setup/internet speed. I speak English as a first language and I am used to leading raids in previous guilds. (Although I have a Scottish accent and people say I sound like a pirate).

---------------------------------

PERSONAL

Name: Stephen Biggerstaff (really!)

Language: English

Battletag: Biggs#2237

CHARACTER

Character

Character name: xerò

Class: Paladin

Current spec/ Offspec: Retribution / Protection

Armory link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/twilights-hammer/Xerò/simple

Guild experience

Raid experience:
AQ40 Cleared in vanilla (although only Cthun once), I was playing on Balnazzar Alliance on a guild called Toast, then many members joined Phoenix Flame, which became Paparazzi. 

TBC I rerolled horde Paladin on an account, completed Karazan and Gruul pretty quickly then quit due to school exams that I almost failed. I was in a guild called Ridiculed which later merged with Celebrity after I quit (same server, Balnazzar).

WoTLK I came back around half way through the expansion and formed a guild with some IRL friends that were new to the game. I was guild master for a little while and helped my friends get to grips with raiding. Together we managed to clear Ulduar in 10 man, also clearing a lot of 25 man while it was current. We were then better set up for when ToC came out, and as Raid leader and GM, I led the team to clear 10 man heroic. I also done it with a tribute to skill, although after faction changing and checking my achievements there while filling out this application, I've noticed it isn't listen in my feats of strength. I'm going to message a GM about that. 

I quit just before ICC due to University exams. I am quite conscious that warcraft takes up a lot of time. I tend to be either all in or not in at all so during the two exam periods of my life I quit the game. 

I had come back for MoP. However my IRL friends had been playing on a different server by now, so I changed to play on Outland. A week later when MoP hit, the game was pretty unplayable due to massive lag, server restarts and 5+ hour queues to get in game. We took a free character migration to outland and switched to horde. 

If you look at my achievements I had a level 90 only a couple of days after MoP hit, with max professions very, very soon after. (check achievements for dates) I also had my second 90 quite quickly too. After being GM of a guild again for the second time in my life, we tried recruiting a 10 man team, managed to down 1 boss in MSV but it was very hard recruiting people who were ready for hardcore raiding so soon after MoP hit. After a couple of weeks my friends who were officers in the game quit, and I decided to follow. 

However I'm now back. Although all the people I knew on this server have quit. I am now in a steady 9-5 job that very, very rarely requires any overtime. I have a stable relationship and I feel I can now introduce WoW back into my life without anything being disruptive. 

Previous guild(s): Midnight Dragons, Toast, Phoenix Flame (Balnazzar/Alliance/Classic), Ridiculed (Balnazzar/Horde/TBC), Kinetic (Ravencrest/Alliance/WotLK), Kinetic (Twilights Hammer/Horde/Beginning of Mists)

Why are you leaving your current guild: I only have a bank guild at the moment due to just coming back last week.

WORLD OF LOGS

Post your worldoflogs/ warcraftlogs down below: N/A due to not having been back and raiding.

NETSPEED/ SCREENSHOT

Post your internetspeed here: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3327389205

Please note this is wifi from the next room from the router on my macbook pro. When I play WoW I play on a new top specced 27 inch iMac with wired connection so it's around 150mb and 20mb upload. My FPS is usually around 70 during raiding and with all my add ons turned on. 

I have a good job so equipment and high speed net will never be an issue.

An ingame screenshot when in a raid: I don't have a raiding UI set up at the moment, however in the past from memory the main add ons I had were grid, pit bull, bartender, decursive, Omen threat, recount DPS, Deadly boss mods, Omni CC, Quartz cast bars, Elkano's buff bars. 

Note I also theory craft quite a lot. I read up on icy veins and MMO champ for my class to keep up with current stats to stack when I'm actively raiding. I always make sure I'm hit/expertise capped, flanked, stacked with pots and if accepted, will make sure cooking is at a better standard than it currently is. 

VOICECHAT

Are you able to listen to TS: Yes. 

Are you able to talk on TS? Yes. Experience Raid leading and being GM.

ANYTHING ELSE?

Got something else you want to add? I have a level 90 rogue on this server too: xerol. I also have a 83 druid that will be my gatherer in WoD: Buxtons and I'll be using my 90 boost on a Mage and DK, to have 5 level 90s across 2 WoW accounts. Professions will be as follows: 

Paladin: BS/JC
Rogue: Ench/Alch
Mage: Tailoring/Inscription
DK: Engineering/Alch
Druid: Mining/Herb

* Some typos due to autocorrect. Thanks OSX.

Rockafellaxd
Officer

what

I didn't even know we had an application form.

As you said your application is humble due to your low gear and current exp, but if you want to leave a good impresion on guild you'r applying to, you better have everything top notch. You have some previous exp as raider and GM so you realize how much important gems/enchs are in a guild that's trying to min/max everything. Looking at your armory you miss 10 gems ( 9 from gear 1 from BS), " JC gems, Belt buckle, 5 item non enchanted and you only reforged 3 items in total.

You aren't hit or exp caped I know all this costs gold but the fact that you're ad BS and JC and couple days ago you bough 14k worth mount makes me wonder what are your priorities.

Achv dates prove what you wrote in apply. For analyzing other aspects of your char and your performance we'll need logs ( even LFR logs will be enough).

Hey, thanks for the exceptionally fast replies. I can only apologise if that left a bad impression. I've been updating gear so fast and to be honest haven't expected to be raiding normal or above this week. I'll be fully gemmed enchanted by 8pm tonight and hopefully have some logs for you very soon after depending on queue times. 

Thanks again,

Stephen 

Monoroth
Raider

My recommendation is to log SoO LFR part 3 and ToT LFR part 3. ( Durumu and Malkorok) Best way to check single target dps.

Hey guys, 

Quick update. I ran those instances, although with one of them I had forgotten to do /combatlog to get WoW to log my file! Oh well. 

I have completed the stage of SoO and done a log for that one: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/wvjm6u2jl3j4r54x/

I'll re-do the other after work tomorrow and upload that. 

Thanks,

Stephen

Small update - was queued for halls of flesh shaping today for around an hour after I got home. Still no invite. I'm going to queue again tomorrow. I'll be on much more of tomorrow and have a lot longer time to queue. 

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/2h7o6wuu2hts5km6/

Pinnacle of storms. Will do more LFR tonight and upload the logs.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/pdloav8ykd3rgolv/

Halls of flesh shaping and last 2 bosses in Gates of Retribution LFR

I know I have a lack of evidence about my time on Balnazzar. However I've managed to dig out some data on myself in ridiculed and ridiculed being among the best guilds on the server for the entire expansion: 

http://www.warcraftrealms.com/char/52092977
http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/622532-H-Focused-Balnazzar-horde-first-Swp-6-6/

I'll check this thread regularly. Also I'm willing to apply again in WoD after I've levelled. Or if it would help my case I can scrape together enough gold to buy the 9/9 challenge modes so that you guys can see me playing first hand. I might need a bit to save up that gold though. 

Thanks again,
Stephen

Ayarea
Officer

Heya Xero. I had Monoroth check the logs and I think it might be a good idea to have a TS chat in one of the following days to ask and answer some questions etc. Will discuss this with Timmad beforehand. I'll keep in touch.

Hey there, 

Yeah that's great. Thanks for taking the time to look over my logs. I'll be on basically all weekend from tomorrow night right through till Sunday. 

You can catch me on xerol, Xerò, buxtons or castielle.

Hey. Guys, 

Quick update, I'm off to Australia for a few weeks tomorrow night. I'll be logging on very sporadically so it would be best to do the chat via IM or when I get back on the 31st. 

Thanks,

Stephen 

Ayarea
Officer

Sounds like a plan :). Enjoy your time in Australia! Make sure to use this link, since we are working on a new guild site at the moment and this one might vanish at some point: http://surge.twilights-hammer.eu (links to this site atm). I'll make sure to add you before as well on real id :).

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum